Thursday, April 15, 2010

what does the Bible say about Mary the mother of Jesus ,to us?

My friends once again I welcome all of you to my blog.yesterday at 10.30 pm I opened the Bible to have the normal scriptural reading,I do it normally from 10.30pm to 11.30 pm and after that I read a portion of any spiritual book before I go to bed.(presently I am reading the book ``all things are possible with God ``by kathryn kulhman.So I opened the bible to read.This time I decided to read the bible slowly which normally i dont do.I read the complete New testament for one time and for the second time I am going to complete .(I am at Revelation 4th chapter).But the two complete readings didnt give me any deeper wisdom.so I followed Bro.Zac poonens advice to read the bible slowly.I just opened the book of Luke and my friends I came out with an information which i am going to share it now.And I am surre that I was filled with a supernatural power that helped me for about an hour to  understand the word,and i am sure the power is god the holy spirit.

so coming to the point I would like to ask you a question, in how many of your christian services you ever heard about Mary and why God chose only Mary and what can we learn from Mary.you might have listened but I hardly ever listened(i think only once).I mean to say there were many a few times that we heard someone preaching about Mary and her greatness.Now I say my friends if you read the first chapter yes only the first chapter of the Luke ,you will come to know volumes about Mary ,the mother of christ.Its true and I experienced it yesterday.I will now share it .
(This is just my understanding of the sccripture,if anyone feels inconvenient they may skip the reading)
All the scriptures are taken from the HOlY BIBLE ,New International Version

In Luke first chapter we find that Mary came to know about Elizabeth`s pregnancy through the angel Gabriel.(ch-1,35-36) and we find that Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of  Judea(ch-1,39).You know why Mary left for judea from Nazareth, its not only to share what the angel spoke to her but also she knows that elizabeth is in her sixth month and elizabeth will be in deep need of help .Mary was so kind that she literally hurried so that she can help elizabeth.(and also she can share the joy with her).Elizabeth was an old women(ch-1,18) and so she will not be in a position to do her works and she is in her sixth month.And also there is Zachariah who is also old.So Mary must have thought all these things in her mind before leaving for the town.This shows her readiness to help others at any time.Now a days how many christians are thinking about others.
Also if we find about the distance between the Nazareth and the town in judea,it is almost 125 km.(just browse about this in internet).I dont think she might have used a cart or a donkey ,she might have travelled on foot.125 kilometers alone without any one just to help a old woman who is in need .Imagine the amount of kindness and helping nature she has.
so she meets elizabet at Zachariah`s house and at once greets Elizabeth(verse 39),then we find Mary singing a song(verse 46-verse 55).So its always healthy to sing praise to God if we are filled with joy.Now my friends carefully look at the song,you will find Mary praising the lord in verse49,50,51,52,53,54,55.That means Mary is an ardent reader of the Old testament .She has good command over the old testament ,thats why she could sing which included all the mighty things God did to her ancestors.she is not only an ardent reader but a strong doer also(verse48).she says in verse 48 that the lord is mindful of the humble state of his servant.If you look carefully she is speaking about herself that she is a servant and also humble ,so she had the qualities which god always wants us to have, humbleness and meekness.
and here i will have to say an important information.By the time she reached Elizabeths house she came to know that Zachariah is not able to speak and also he is old and also there is elizabeth in her old age in her 6th month.So Mary must have struggled hard to help the two old people of which one cannot speak and the other in her sixth month.Just think in the present days willanyone take care of such people.May be they takes care for a few days .But we find in verse 56 that she stayed with elizabeth for 3 months.unbelievable 180 days serving the two old people.I am sure that Mary must have worked and struggled hard to serve those two people.see her kindness and her willingness to help.
And finally here is one more quality of Mary which I found .It says in verse 56 that she left after three months so Mary was sure that at any time the baby would take birth(john the prophet).But she left at the last momet not to take the credit of her service.Because she knew that all her(elizabeths) relatives and neighbours would come and elizabeth will be praising Mary for all her service.But Mary did not want to have the credit .So she simply left after arranging everything for the Elizabeth to conceive child.She was not there when elizabeth conceived John.This is what we have to learn.Always giving glory and praise to his name.He should be highest and we should always be lowest.
you see my riends how qualified Mary is .She had all the biblical knowledge,she is humble and meek,she is having a helping heart and more over she wants every praise to go for the LORD.
I personally think that because of all these qulaities only God chose Mary the virgin ,to be the mother of christ jesus.She might have had many other beautiful qualities.



So my friend s there is a lot to learn from many people in the bible.we will come to know only if we read the bible slowly and ask god the holy spirit to reveal the scirpture for you.we all must have all the qualities of Mary.Thats why she is the blessed woman on the Earth.

I thank god the holy spirit for helping me to write down in the post which He revealed to me.

All the praise and honour,and glory be to HIM.


yours Jeevan

1 comment:

  1. yours jeevan.. ? better keep it as
    In Christ, Jeevan



    one more thing... you could have used "among whom" instead of "of which"...when u were talking bout two zecharia n elizabeth...am i right?

    ReplyDelete